Friday, May 1, 2009

Long Weekend!

This evening I find myself sitting on the KTX train on our way to Seoul for our first long weekend since the end of the January Intensives. It's most exciting because our trip this weekend has an ulterior purpose, too - our good friend Leslie (who played no small part in us deciding to come to Korea in the first place) is coming to visit or three weeks!

*Unfortunately, Leslie is currently trapped in Japan because of a precautionary swine flu quarantine, so we won't see her till tomorrow, but we're all still excited*

We're not 100% sure exactly what we're going to he doing this weekend (although, for me, that's part of the adventure), but we're excited nonetheless. Leslie will be the first person from home we'll have seen in person since we got here, and that is exciting enough even without the long weekend in Seoul! We may hit the zoo, we may go to one of the theme parks, we may just go sightseeing and shopping - it's just nice for us to have some time off. All I know for sure is that we'll be taking lots and lots of pictures, which makes me happy because I've been a really bad photographer lately, and I've not gone out for some serious picture-making in a fair little while.

As always, for more up-to-the-minute updates on our adventures this weekend, feel free to follow me on Twitter (or just watch re myriad of status updates that get transferred to Facebook automatically for me).

(also, I apologize for not yet doing the video tour of our new apartment. We bought a Wii instead of a camera last weekend.)


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I approve entirely of the purchase of a Wii.